Terms and Conditions of entry
By submitting an entry, you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By submitting an Application to the Accreditation Scheme the Applicant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions accompanying the application details for the Accreditation Scheme.
2. Applicants must either be the supplier of the product submitted or the retailer for whom the product has been supplied.
3. There is no restriction on the number of applications which an applicant can submit.
4. Applications must be submitted online at www.thegrocerownlabel.co.uk by the application stage closing date stated on the Accreditation Scheme website. Responsibility is not accepted for applications being delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. Applications must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the application and to whom all correspondence concerning the Accreditation Scheme should be addressed.
6. Applicants will be notified by email when to submit their products for consumer assessment, the date of the consumer assessment and the deadline for submission. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all products are submitted by the deadline. Failure to deliver products on time may result in the product having to be withdrawn and the application fee will not be refunded.
7. Applications must be own label products fit for human consumption on the date of the consumer assessment and, subject to seasonal considerations, be commercially available at the time of application in full retail packaging.
8. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any application that it deems inappropriate.
9. Products submitted will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
10. Responsibility cannot be accepted for products delivered after the confirmed date of the consumer assessment and any product which is damaged, defaced, illegible or incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
11. All products submitted for The Grocer Own Label Accreditation Scheme must be delivered in retail-sized packs. The Organiser will not breakdown/re-size/recut any products on arrival. Failure to deliver in retail packs, will result in the disqualification of that product in which case the application fee will not be refunded.
12. Products will be prepared for consumer tasting according to the on-pack instructions.
13. All accreditations will be notified no later than eight weeks following the close of the accreditation period stage.
14. Category winners will be announced during an event taking place in October 2019 in London. The winning products, the retailer name and supplier name will be published in The Grocer following the announcements.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to change the category entered by the Applicant and the testing panel without prior notice to Applicants.
16. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this Accreditation Scheme is final and legally binding.
17. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Applicants who notify the Organiser in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org can withdraw prior to the consumer assessment.
19. Winners may publicise their success in ‘The Grocer Own Label Accreditation Scheme’ for three years following their accreditation provided that the year won is specified in all instances and that no part of the product packaging or product formulation has been changed or updated since the Accreditation.
20. The Organiser licenses Applicants to use the relevant Accreditation Scheme logo in connection with its accreditation, subject to the express written prior approval of the Organiser in each instance. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate this licence at any time.
21. By submitting a product into the Accreditation Scheme, all Applicants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller and third party services providers (data processors) for the purposes of the administration of this Accreditation Scheme and any other purposes to which the Applicant has consented.
22. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.